Year of Admission to the NSW bar
Telephone: (02) 9264 6899
areas of practice
- Administrative Law
- Inquests and Commissions of Inquiry
Ian Latham specialises in industrial, employment, administrative law and inquiries.
Ian has appeared in a number of important industrial cases including the Tristar litigation, which was the first case about the Independent Contractors Act, the first case about the sham contractor provisions and a major case about accessorial liability under the Fair Work Act 2009.
Ian writes for the Lexis Fair Work Act and NSW Industrial Relations Act looseleaf services. He also writes on industrial law and Australian Rules Football.
Payroll Tax- grouping provisions – satisfaction of the Commissioner
Judicial review – test for permission to appeal in FWC
Appeal against decision to release a document that might reasonably be expected to cause damage to the security, defence or international relations of the Commonwealth
Independent Contractors Act – Variation of Independent Contract on grounds of unfairness – powers of Court
Meaning of casual employment – need to inform parties of potential findings
Victimisation – extension of time
Over prescription of drugs of addiction – professional misconduct – appropriate orders
Inquiry into corrupt conduct at Botany Bay Council
- Annotated Fair Work Act and Related Legislation, Lexis Nexis
- NSW Industrial Law, Lexis Nexis
- Workplace Law: Modern Employment and the 'Gig' economy on 21 November 2017 at the Primus Hotel Sydney
- 'Liability as an accessory to breaches of the Fair Work Act' in Employment Law Bulletin, Volume 23 of 217
- Practice and procedure in defending FWO prosecutions: what role of the privilege against penalty?
Employment law bulletin Volume 23 of 2017